Went to the FrontSteps art show for the ARCH program in Austin on my birthday. It is art produced by homeless people to raise money for training and vehicles. It was interesting. Outside of the facility, I met a man named D. Birch who had a special relationship with God and a tree.

Further down the street I met a group of friends who were willing to let me photograph them so I could practice on my new F-1 old school Canon. They were patient.

It was a good day. I hope to attend their art show again next year. I did buy a piece of art, by an artist named Zebra. She has pieces that are really bright and energetic. Every person I encountered seemed to be full of ideas and stories and were all eager to connect. It was a little surreal, in the same moment that I was a part of something big, I was also just the observer. I felt lucky to be observing and energized to paint. I also wanted so badly to spend hours recording stories, taking portraits, and meeting more people. Still, by the end of the afternoon I was totally spent.

No comments:
Post a Comment